About Us

Community Caring and Sharing Center provides more than more than 30,000 people annually with efficient and effective community services and programs.  We help families and individuals become more self-sufficient and obtain better paying jobs with stronger communities and cleaner safer neighborhoods.
Registered 501-c3 Non-Profit, Charity, Community Center and Weekly Food Pantry, Servicing the Neighborhood Community of Mars Hill, Indianapolis – Wayne and Decatur Townships and surrounding.

Our Mission:

Our mission is to reach out and help those in need with community services and educational programs by partnering with local government agencies, schools, businesses and churches along with community members and their leaders

Here we believe no one in our communities should go hungry, especially our children and seniors. We put a emphasis on helping Single Parents and Mothers, Our Seniors, the Disabled, Homeless and our Vets.

 

Why Choose Us?

Local Charity

We’re local: We’re not a national organization, We’re much more of a grass roots organization, and many of our staff members live in the neighborhoods we’re trying to help, and some of those we’ve helped have become staff members themselves. Our offices are in the same buildings we use to serve our neighbors; and any time we are open, we encourage you to come visit and see the work we do.

For over 30 Years Community Caring and Sharing has operated a local Food pantry, clothing bank, provided financial assistance,  holiday programs, and educational classes, among many other things for our local community of Mars Hill, Indianapolis.


Community History

Founded 30 years ago, by Maggie Phipps along with a small group of dedicated housewives who volunteered their time, Community Caring and Sharing began providing food and clothing assistance to those in the Indianapolis community of Mars Hill. Over the years with support from the volunteers, donations, and our partners, CCS continues providing food and clothing assistance, in addition to several community educational programs, including our reading class and GED preparation course.For many years CCS would operate out of small facilities such as, church basements, rental storage units, even a small converted residence. In Early 2000, a caring Indianapolis business man, Mr. Elden Palmer, generously donated a former school building located at 2830 S. Holt Road in the Mars Hill area. After the initial renovation was complete, CCS was able to move its operations in late 2002. With continual improvements and maintenance regularly, we thank everyone who has made it possible


Official 501c3 Non Profit Charity

We’re official: IRS Approved tax-exempt charitable organization. Improving and Helping families, individuals and the Mars Hill, Indianapolis Communities for over 30 years.

GuideStar

 

 

 

GREATnonprofitsAlignable

 

 

 

VolunteerMatch

CharityNavigator

Non-profit Facts

Overall Rating:
*****
5.0
 
Program:
*****
5.0
Fundraising:
*****
5.0
Expenses:
*****
5.0
Transparency:
*****
5.0

Read more: http://www.nonprofitfacts.com/IN/Community-Caring-And-Sharing-Inc.html#compensationOfOfficers#ixzz4diP1PqFi


Committed to the Community

We are committed to the values, goals, and actions, which help grow and improve our lives, families and community. Community Caring and Sharing is  dedicated to  helping build stronger while maintaining and improving  the communities through education, positive action and involvement. With Everyone. “Together we can Make a Difference”

We think Every one should commit to be more socially involved and active in their community, because we have seen amazing  results with major change and positive growth, which in return help inspire neighbors and partners to improve their community and quality of life


Respected

We’re respected: Several of the largest   in the Indianapolis area have chosen to partner with us to break the cycle of poverty. And many other not-for-profits have chosen to work alongside us. National organizations have studied and advised us, and national media have reported on us.  Accredited Charity, and adheres to all  standards for charity accountability.

We work closely with many other agencies, businesses, schools, civic groups, Clubs and churches in the Mars Hill/Decatur/Wayne Township Areas to create a user-friendly, private, and effective referral system. If we cannot directly service a client with our programs, we will quickly and carefully refer them to the appropriate external resource.


Efficiency

We’re efficient: We DON’T have lot of overhead or administrative layers, no fancy desks or equipment and  much of our Staff are Volunteers.

We spent  less then 5% on fund-raising. The remaining 95% was used directly for programming, administration, Building Maintenance.


“Together we can make a difference.”