Improve Mars hill

Saturday, April 22nd

Jordan Rodriguez

Request Indy

  • Potholes
  • Missed trash collections
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Traffic signals or signs
  • Zoning violations
  • And many more!
  • RequestIndy – Although most types of services provided by the City of Indianapolis may be requested via RequestIndy, a small number of them are not currently available. To report any of the following issues, please contact the Mayors Action Center at (317) 327-4MAC (4622) during business hours.
    • Bridges – structure, guardrails, sidewalks
    • Environmental Concerns – spills or open burning
    • Guardrail Repairs
    • Handicap ramps or sidewalk issues

Mayors Action Center

The Mayor’s Action Center (MAC) provides the citizens of the Consolidated City of Indianapolis and Marion County with a single point of contact to request City services, obtain information, or provide feedback.


Citizens Energy Group handles several types of service requests previously available within RequestIndy. Please call them at (317) 924-3311 to report any of the four issues listed below:

  • Broken Sewer Grate
  • Debris Clogging Sewer
  • Standing Water
  • Flooding, which is threatening homes or businesses
  • Odor Problems
Additionally, if you would like to report a drainage issue, sewer issue, septic issue, or have a project information request you can contact Citizens Energy Group online by clicking here.

Street Lighting – To report street light or security light issues please contact Indianapolis Power & Light at (317) 261-8111 or use their online form available here.

The following issues are handled by the Marion County Health & Hospital Corporation:


General Information:   221-2000    Formal Complaint Line:   221-2141

Department of Vector Borne Disease Prevention

Mosquito-Borne Disease – Reduces the potential of mosquito-borne disease through control measures directed toward elimination of both larvae and adult mosquitoes.  Conducts complete larviciding and adulticiding procedures.  Implements biological control and source reduction measures to reduce mosquito population.  Special investigations and control measures are conducted for problem bees, hornets, bats and or birds.

Chuck Dulla                                                    221-7440

4001 East 21st Street

Indianapolis, IN  46218

Mosquito Control –  (317) 221-7440         Rodent Control – (317) 221-7588

Septic Systems – (317) 221-2147               Well Water Safety – (317) 221-2145

Additionally, some Environmental Issues can now be reported online by visiting the Marion County Public Health Department’s website.  File an Environmental Complaint.

Animal care and control officers enforce all animal-related ordinances in Indianapolis.  Animal care and control officers perform the following services for the city:

  • Impound animals running at-large
  • Issue citations to people in violation of animal ordinances
  • Conduct inspections
  • Investigate cruelty, neglect, and animal-fighting cases and respond to complaints related to animals and animal welfare
  • Rescue animals in distress or danger on an emergency basis; and
  • Educate the public about responsible pet ownership

Indianapolis Animal Care & Control will assist the public with sick or injured wild animals or wildlife confined in the living spaces of one’s home.  For further assistance with wildlife or exotic animals, contact the Indiana Department of Natural Resources at 317-232-4010

To report stray animals call or use mayors online action center

(317) 327-1397


Open Saturdays from 8am to 4pm, citizens may bring any household trash (except appliances containing Freon, household hazardous waste, large amounts of brush and construction debris) and dump for $2 per carload and $5 per truck load (closed the Saturday before Christmas and New Year’s Day). 2324 S. Belmont


City of Indianapolis ToxDrop

The City of Indianapolis offers four locations in Marion County where residents can drop off household hazardous waste and electronics for recycling at no charge. Call 3274869. Click here to learn more.

Information on weekly trash pickup/heavy trash

Rays,Republic,Waste Management


Your Mayor’s Neighborhood Liaison is your direct link to Mayor Hogsett’s office, as well as any city department and service. Neighborhood Liaisons serve as a bridge between citizens and city government, acting as ombudsmen and providing a communication link between neighborhoods and the City.

West & Southwest Outer Region – Kelly Carter, 408-1991

Department of Public Works

Trash/Clean Up

Street Lights


Flooding and Drainage

Mars Hill, Indianapolis
Sat April 4, 2020, 2:11 am
0° C