All food donations must be unopened and not expired or OUTDATED. safe for human consumption, prepared in licensed kitchens.
*Some items have a best by date: We might be able to accept these even if the date has passed.
Rescued, Salvaged, Close to Date Food
We recover a variety of nutritious foods from local grocery stores, schools, restaurants, manufactures, warehouses and many more for our food pantry and meal programs. Companies can recycle and save money, while reducing food waste and it helps to nourish our community. This food can help those in need, instead ending up in landfills:
By donating your excess, unsalable, surplus, Slightly distressed, cosmetically damaged or close-to-code-date food directly to us you can help our community of mars hill quickly and directly.
- Fresh Produce
- Frozen Items
- Deli Food
- Promotions, seasonal products, Trade Shows
- Excess Inventory
- Canned Items (fruits, veggies, Meat, Pasta, Sauce, Soups.
- Peanut Butter
- Bottled Water
- Boxed Dinners
- Spaghetti noodles/ sauce
- Juice Boxes
- Mac & Cheese
- Tuna Kits
- Powder Milk/Soy/Almond
- Powdered Drinks
- Flour, sugar, cornmeal, rice, dry beans, oil, shortening, baking soda and powder, vanilla extract and seasonings of all kinds are always welcomed. Garlic, pepper, salt, chili powder, etc. can make a meal much more palatable.
tips & ideas:
- Canned goods with pop-top lids are better than canned goods that require a can opener
- Do not donate foods that are past the expiration date.
- meal kits that don’t require extra ingredients.
- Almond and Soy, along with powder Milk is better than regular dairy, which needs refrigerated and spoils faster.
- Did you know monetary donations go farther. By donating money we can buy more food in bulk from discounted and salvage wholesalers tax exempt.